We created a sculpture that is constantly evolving based on what is happening online and inside the brand new NYX flagship store.
The clientele that NYX fosters are artists in their own right. The NYX Instagram page is exploding with creative use of color from budding makeup artists all over the world. We owed these artists a piece that reflects their creative spirit. So we created the Color Cast. A sculpture made from 48 screens of different sizes, networked together into a brilliant display of color. When you stand in front of the ceiling-mounted sculpture, the screens change to the color of your shirt, and then begin filling with color-relevant photos from NYX fans online.
The result is an experience where you see what is happening right now in the makeup community curated by the color you are wearing. Over time the store itself becomes a window into how people express themselves through color both in the store and online.
- Zander Brimijoin - Creative Director
- Pedro Piccinini - Design
- Miyeon Kim - Design Intern
- Daniel Scheibel - Technology Director
- Adrià Navarro López - Creative Coder
- Shan Jin - Technology Intern
- Lisa Walters - Senior Producer
- Sweatshop - Industrial Design
- Traction 3D - Fabrication
Created for NYX
- IPG Media Lab - Agency