Previous Project: A Golden Clock
Next Project: Remember
ZeroZero Vol. 02 Him/Her
Pop Up Exhibition
A mural that reveals provocative videos
New York Based Creative Agency V Group World asked us to be part of their Pop Up Exhibition to promote their new book, “Zero Zero Vol. 02 Him/Her.” After creating a motion graphics piece for 2010’s, “Zero Zero Vol. 01 Black/White,” we were now ready to make a whole experience this year.
The book at the core of the exhibition was the collaboration of the groundbreaking artists Kaimin x Miles Aldridge x Nicola Formichetti. It is a provocative volume that explores themes of sex, blood, death and black hair as fetishes, making it an interesting challenge to bring to life in an exhibition space.
We wanted the installation to capture the voyeurism aspect of the book, allowing attendees to uncover hidden illicit imagery. Our team created an animated mural for the gallery space which combined hand painted masks and mapped projections.
When entering the gallery viewers only see abstract blue and red animations filling the walls, like moving wallpaper. But when attendees peeked through special red decoders they could reveal compositions of provocative video all around them. This act of voyeurism provided the right atmosphere for a night of surprise and discovery.
The Pop Up Exhibition ran for a week in the Meatpacking District of New York City during Fashion Week 2013.
- Projection Mapping
Pop Up Exhibition
- Directed by Kaimin
- Presented by V Group World
- Entrance Installation by Snarkitecture
- Digital Installation by Red Paper Heart
- Performance by Kaimin
- Sculpture by Edward Yim
- Invite design & space planning by Joshua Pipic
Digital Installation - Red Paper Heart
- Zander Brimijoin / Creative Director
- Daniel Scheibel / Tech Director
- Adrià Navarro López / Developer
- Kim Robinson Jr. / Producer
- Prakash Nair / Event Photographer
- In collaboration with Joshua Pipic / Associate Creative Director at Your Majesty NY
- Nathan Punwar / Video Editor
- Song featured in the reel / “Zodiac Shit” by Flying Lotus
Client & Partners
V Group World